Your Suffering Can Become Your Superpower
Would you like to know how to cultivate the mind of the warrior?
Are you ready to suffer to become the best version of yourself? Are you willing to push past your pain to unleash your fullest potential?
David Goggins asks the hard questions because he understands that it takes relentless obsession to flip our lowest “me” mentality, upside down. David once worked his days killing cockroaches to becoming the only man in history to complete elite training as a Navy SEAL, Army Ranger, and Air Force Tactical Air Controller. What you’ll hear in this episode is how a man decides to do something radically different to shift his life in order to wake up and achieve the best version of himself he knew he could become.
“If I can overcome this, if I can find some power in this, some way to get through this, that right there could be the fuel for the rest of my life. And so I found great strength in suffering.” — David Goggins
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How David figured out a way to overcome the “Lowest Me Mentality”
- How he defines motivation versus obsession, and what a difference it can make in your life
- How suffering changes your self-identity and reminds you of your strengths
- The caveat to earning a “badge” and how mental toughness needs to win over and over again
- How to create a Cookie Jar — Learn about the indestructible mental toolbox David developed to overcome the hardest points in his life
- The Jar of F*ck — Learn how you can win your life by winning the control of your morning
- How and Why David starts his morning with his Cookie Jar and The Jar of F*ck
- David explains how peace and enlightenment is ultimately reached through adversity and suffering
- David shares the concept of The 40% Rule in one of the most powerful analogies we’ve heard yet based on the idea of Heaven
Resources and Mentions:
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- David Goggins on Impact Theory
- Exponential Organization by Salim Ismail
- Jason Campbell, Host of Mindvalley Impact
- Marisa Peer, British Hypnotherapist
Connect with David:
As inspired as we are? Here are a few related articles you might enjoy:
- How To Achieve Lasting Change By Rewriting Your Subconscious Beliefs
- How To Quickly Reframe Your Current Reality To Avoid Conflict
- 7 Quotes On The Power Of Self-Confidence By Marisa Peer
Unlock the hero genius within with this FREE Mindvalley Masterclass: https://go.mindvalley.com/podcast_hgl
If you enjoyed our content, we'd really appreciate some "love" with a share or two.
And ... Don't forget to have fun!