Are you struggling to accomplish more and wishing to stress less? This episode, Vishen dives deep with one of Mindvalley’s finest authors, Emily Fletcher on her latest book, Stress Less, Accomplish More: Meditation For Extraordinary Performance. They break down the steps from basic meditation practices to the reasons why people quit before they even begin, from scientific studies to how meditation is the next frontier in developing deeper connections within humanity. If you think meditation is only those blessed with a mind that’s able to silence thoughts, you’ll be in for a real surprise. Listen to the episode now and get the juice from these two visionary advocators on the power of meditation and how it’ll help you live your best life.
“The mind thinks involuntarily just like the heart beats involuntarily.” — Emily Fletcher
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The misconception and difference between meditating and doing a relaxing activity
- The reasons behind why most people quit meditating before they even tried
- The three steps to take when you want to start a meditation practice
- The two types of meditation most commonly known today
- The fundamental reason why thoughts are not the enemy to your meditation practice
- The reason why we should meditate daily, and what to do if you’re bored with your practice
- The story of how Emily transitioned from being a Broadway star to becoming a meditation teacher
- How meditation can help decrease signs of aging, and even reversing gray hair
- How meditation can become the next frontier in developing greater social connections within humanity
Resources and Mentions:
Daniel Goleman – Altered Traits
Ray Dalio – Principles
A Chorus Line
Connect with Emily:
Learn how to uplevel your level on consciousness with meditation in this FREE Mindvalley Masterclass: The M Word with Emily Fletcher — a refreshingly modern approach to meditation that allows us to replace stress and overwhelm with peak performance.
“Make it as rude to leave your house without meditating as it is to leave your house without brushing your teeth.” — Emily Fletcher
What was your main takeaway from Emily’s interview?
Let us know in your latest review and don’t forget to mention the title of the episode!
If you enjoyed our content, we'd really appreciate some "love" with a share or two.
And ... Don't forget to have fun!